Designing and managing a brand is more important than lead generation and product launch. It is the single most important aspect of marketing going forward. These quick facts, with their references can be found in an article by Hannah Hagee is a Digital Outreach Specialist at Lucidpress. These facts look at brand consumption by a given audience.
- On average, 5 to 7 brand impressions are necessary before someone will remember your brand. (Pam Moore)
- Brands that are consistently presented are 3 to 4 times are more likely to experience brand visibility. (Lucidpress)
- The average revenue increase attributed to always presenting the brand consistently is 23%. (Lucidpress)
- Color increases brand recognition by up to 80%. (University of Loyola)
- 64% of consumers cite shared values as the primary reason they have a relationship with a brand. (Harvard Business Review)
- 50% of people follow 1 to 4 brands on social media, 26% follow 5 to 9 brands, 22% follow 10 or more brands, and 3% follow no brands. (BuzzStream)
- 52% of consumers expect brands to know when the right moments are to communicate. (Cube)
- 89% of business readers say that the brand a piece of content comes from is important, and 85% of marketers say the primary reason for creating content is to build the brand and positive perceptions of the company. (The Economist Group)
- 72% of marketers think branded content is more effective than advertising in a magazine; 62% say it is more effective than advertising on TV; 69% say it is superior to both direct mail and public relations. (The Content Council)
- 45% of consumers will unfollow a brand on social media if their platform is dominated by self-promotion. (BuzzStream)
- 48% of consumers expect brands to know them and help them discover new products or services that fit their needs. (Cube)
While this is important, I can also think about a number of companies and organizations that have lost their brand. Perhaps they have not invested in it, or they have simple destroyed it.